Uses and Benefits:
- Skin Care/Acne Relief – To make a refreshing face mask, mix 5 drops of tea tree essential oil with 2 teaspoons of honey, leave it on for a minute, and rinse. For acne relief, mix 3-4 drops of tea tree oil with witch hazel and apply with a cotton swab twice a day.
- Household Cleaner – Add a couple of drops of tea tree oil to 2 cups of water and spritz to take care of musty odors, and mold- or mildew-prone areas like the shower, sink, and bathtub. To make a general household cleaner, mix the oil with water, vinegar, and lemon essential oil, and use it on countertops, kitchen appliances, shower, toilet, and sinks.
- Toenail Fungus/Athlete’s Foot Relief – Apply tea tree oil on the affected area using a clean cotton swab. For stubborn fungi, mix it with some oil of oregano.
- Botanical Name: Melaleuca alternifolia
- Plant Part: Leaves
- Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Origin: Australia
- Scent: Antiseptic/medicinal