- Cleans clothes with the help of 4 kinds of ceramic pellets (made of minerals) and the process of agitation in the washing machine. Hence, you can do away with chemicals found in detergents.
- Great to use for infants’ clothes and for those with sensitive skin, allergies, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Since there is no soap residue to rinse out, there is no need to use the rinse cycle. This helps cut down on your water and energy bills.
- The naturalOrgani laundry ball works with cold water only. So, you save on your hot water bill as well.
- Works with all top-load, front-load, HE, and standard washing machines.
- The outside shell is made of thermoplastic elastomer (a combination of plastic and rubber), which is a recyclable material. The outer shell is BPA, latex, and PVC-free.
- Inside, the laundry ball has four types of ceramic pellets: 1) Far Infrared Pellets radiate far-infrared rays that break down water molecules into smaller clusters. Smaller water clusters have weaker surface tension and greater penetration power than larger molecules. Thus, water is better able to penetrate clothes. Also, due to the lowered surface tension, dirt and grime do not stick to clothes anymore. 2) Alkali Pellets increase the pH of the water to the same level as detergents. This helps remove oil and dirt off of clothes. 3) Antibiotic Pellets are anti-microbial and help eliminate mold and pathogenic organisms in the washing machine. 4) Chlorine Neutralizing Pellets help eliminate chlorine from the washing water, thus helping to maintain the original color and integrity of clothes.
- Each of the pellets is completely biodegradable, i.e., leave no residue in the water.
- The functions of each of the pellets, along with agitation produced due to the unique shape of the laundry ball (i.e., a physical, not chemical, process) helps clean clothes.
- Before First Use: Over a period of time, detergent residue and dirt accumulates inside the washing machine. This can reduce the laundry ball’s efficacy in cleaning your clothes. Hence, we recommend cleaning your washing machine before you use the laundry ball for the first time. This can be done by adding two cups of white vinegar (in the washing machine for top loaders and in the soap dispenser for front loaders) and running the washing machine using hot water. After the cycle is over, use a sponge to clean the inside of the washing machine, including any rubber seals. If needed, repeat for one more cycle. Repeat the process yearly for maximum efficiency.
- Regular Use: If any of your clothes are stained, pre-treat them with stain remover stick. Then, simply add the laundry ball with your clothes in the washing machine and start!
- The general recommendation is that for a regular laundry load (e.g., approximately 8 kg), 1 laundry ball is sufficient; and for larger loads, 2 laundry balls will be required. Our personal preference has been to use 2 laundry balls for most loads.
- Make sure that you use cold water in your washing machine: hot water does not improve the quality of washing when using naturalOrgani’s laundry ball. The antibacterial pellets take care of the germs. Also, using hot water is likely to damage the laundry ball itself.
- Since agitation in the washing machine is key to effective use of the laundry ball, the machine should not be overloaded with clothes. Do not fill the machine more than ¾ of its capacity for maximum benefit.
- In order to regenerate the ceramics, it is a good idea to keep the laundry ball in the sun or near a window once a month for 1-2 hours. Be careful not to put the ball in the sun for more than 2 hours as it may cause damage to the pellets inside.
- After approximately one year of use, you will notice that clothes not getting cleaned as well as before. You may see crumbles of the ceramics from the holes in the outer shell. These are indications that the ceramics inside the ball are deteriorating and it is time to replace the laundry ball. You may recycle the laundry ball at a facility that accepts #7 plastic.
- Using bleach: Bleach will not cause any damage to the naturalOrgani’s Eco Wash laundry ball and can be used in conjunction with it. If you are looking for a more natural alternative to whitening your clothes, try adding 1/4th cup lemon juice, hydrogen peroxide or baking soda in your washing machine instead.
- Hard water: Some indications of the presence of hard water are: 1) your clothes do not clean too well, 2) stains do not get removed from clothes, and/or 3) your washing machine has a musty odor. If you notice any of these signs, use water-softening aides such as ½ cup of Borax, washing soda, or baking soda per wash load, in conjunction with your laundry ball.
- Adding fragrance: You can add essential oils to your naturalOrgani wool dryer balls in the dryer. Once the drying cycle is over, take out the dryer balls, sprinkle 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil on each ball, and run the machine again on the ‘fluff’/ no heat cycle for approximately 10 minutes. If you prefer to line dry your clothes, add 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil to a cup of water and add the mix to the soap dispenser of your washing machine. Wash as usual.